It was sooo good I was eating it by the spoonful! sauce. Tzatziki sometimes moonlights as yogurt-cucumber sauce or as that dill dip they serve at your favorite Greek restaurant, but chances are high you’ve enjoyed this cool, creamy, herby sauce before. Thick, rich and creamy. How to make a low carb homemade tzatziki sauce with sour cream. Jan 12, 2020 - Explore 417shrink's board "Tzatziki Sauce" on Pinterest. Trader Joe’s has a pretty good prepared container of tzatziki; however, when you forget to plan ahead, it’s super easy to make your own tzatziki in a pinch using sour cream. This creamy tzatziki sauce is full of Mediterranean flavor and so easy to make! You can substitute sour cream for the Greek yogurt in this recipe. I wanted a creamier version of tzatziki. Tzatziki! I’ve loved it since the first time I had a gyro, and I have been making my own version for as long as I can remember (which was way before I ever heard the term tzatziki sauce).. This sauce is also known as Greek cucumber sauce and served as a typical Greek condiment. The perfect tangy topping for gyros and baked potatoes—or as a vegetable dip. Calories 86 kcal. Why I love this tzatziki sauce recipe. Who doesn't Love Tzatziki Sauce? A colorful California version of this classic Greek sauce. This Cream Cheese Tzatziki recipe is packed with all those things and has … GET THE RECIPE Additional Info. This is how I save money and keep our grocery budget low. But in case you don't have Greek yogurt -- or any yogurt -- on hand, substitute it with another tangy dairy product, such as sour cream. 1 large cucumber, peeled, de-seeded, and minced 1/3 cup sour cream, heaping 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 … Creamy cucumber sauce has always been a favorite of mine. This post is sponsored by Philadelphia Cream Cheese. So I made my own quick and easy tzatziki sauce recipe instead! Tzatziki Sauce is one of my favorite “condiments” and our recipe is better than any tzatziki I’ve ever had in a restaurant. Don’t have pita chips, then try our air fryer tortilla chips as dippers. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/tzatziki-recipe-1913266 https://www.yummly.com/recipes/tzatziki-sauce-without-cucumber You can play around with adding a little more mayo or sour cream, as my measurements may not have been exact. It’s best to start off with a really thick sour cream since tzatziki adds cucumber, which has a high water content and will thin your sauce. a refresh with some new pictures and push it back to the top of your feed because it is seriously so dang good. It tastes wonderful on fish and with poultry too and is perfect for keto. I put it on a tortilla with shredded chicken, cheddar, green leaf lettuce and lots of tomatoes and feta. Tzatziki sauce with sour cream and Greek yogurt is full of flavor with a kick from garlic and onion. This Greek yogurt dip makes a healthy veggie dip or delicious sauce for meat and fish. In this case all I needed to do was sub out sour cream for Greek yogurt and tada! Made With Real Sour Cream; No Cholesterol; Ingredients. Easy Tzatziki Sauce with Sour Cream. Paired with veggies or pita bread, this tzatziki dip makes one good party appetizer!! I originally posted this recipe way back in 2016, but decided to give this easy tzatziki sauce (no dill!) Use on your favorite pita sandwich, gyro, falafel or as a fresh veggie dip. The only one in our local grocery store has roasted red peppers in it and is the consistency of cold cream cheese, not the soft dollopable consistency of sour cream. Get my 5-Ingredient Keto Cookbook featuring over 120 simple recipes! Garlic Tzatziki Sauce is a mouth watering dip made up of yummy, fresh ingredients! Try tzatziki sauce with sour cream. Cashew tzatziki is simple to make, but you can also use store bought vegan sour cream as the base for this recipe. See more ideas about Tzatziki, Tzatziki sauce, Greek recipes. Author Amye Melton. Tsaht-ZEE-kee! It’s made with sour cream instead of yogurt for extra tang and fewer carbs. Ingredients. https://www.marthastewart.com/1144146/sour-cream-and-dill-sauce Make it using yogurt in place of sour cream, or even without the sour cream for a great vegan alternative! Homemade Tzatziki Sauce is super easy and delicious . I adore Mediterranean food. Tzatziki sauce is a staple whenever we are having Mediterranean food in our house, especially when we make falafel or chicken shawarma pitas! And like salsa and hummus, it’s a good idea to keep a batch of tzatziki in your fridge at all times. Feel free to use what you prefer or have on hand. Great as a healthy dip, sauce for grilled meat, or spread for sandwiches. If you have been reading for long, you know we love to use what we have or can get on sale. 1 c. sour cream; 1 lg. Other variations also include lemon juice and olive oil. Sauce Base [Water, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Milk Solids (Nonfat Dry Milk and Buttermilk Powder), Corn Syrup, Sour … It’s the perfect combination between tangy, and tart. Grate the cucumber well with the peel on, and then squeeze as much of the moisture out of it as possible. Click to Tweet. It's the kind of food you can feel good about eating! This thick and creamy Greek yogurt tzatziki sauce is made from cucumbers, lemon, and garlic creating the most addicting (and healthy!) cucumber peeled, seeds removed and grated, then squeezed dry using a clean kitchen towel; 1 1/2 tbsp. Sour Cream Tzatziki. Gyro sauce, or tzatziki, is a tangy and creamy accompaniment served cold. Total Time 20 minutes. Prep Time 20 minutes. This cool and creamy tzatziki sauce is full of Mediterranean flavor and so easy to make! Keto Tzatziki Sauce. It perfectly compliments Mediterranean dishes, and makes a great party dip! When we went dairy free, I started make a super simple version of it with dairy free sour cream. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/tzatziki-sauce-with-mayonnaise All the healthy, fresh, delicious ingredients and flavors. 15-Minute Cream Cheese Tzatziki . Your email address will not be published. kosher salt; Instructions . Tzatziki sauce is a Greek sauce that is typically made from yogurt, minced garlic, cucumbers and a little olive oil and lemon. This plant-based tzatziki recipe uses vegan sour cream made from cashews as its base. This easy tzatziki sauce is made with Greek yogurt, sour cream and fresh dill! Greek tzatziki sauce is one of those really simple recipes that can be made low carb and keto with just a few simple substitutions. Learn how To Make this Quick and Easy Tzatziki with Greek Yogurt and Sour Cream. I can’t be bothered to make a traditional tzatziki, which involves salting and draining cucumbers for ages. dried dill weed; 2 cloves garlic minced; 2 tbsp. It’s thick and creamy (not watery) and so delicious! Flavored with garlic, lemon and dill. Also try it as a condiment for spicy Indian food and curries. Quick and easy recipe, it's delicious on grilled fish, in gyros, and more! fresh lemon juice; 1/4 tsp. Sour Cream Tzatziki Sauce. It’s made with sour cream instead of yogurt for fewer carbs. Sour Cream vs. Yogurt. There are a couple of things that I love with all my heart: fresh ingredients, easy recipes, and herbs. The cashew base makes for a thick and delicious tzatziki. Course Keto Servings 6. Hähnchen Gyros Rezept Kuchen Rezepte Einfache Rezepte Mittagessen Ideen Fürs Essen Essen Kochen Abendessen Rezepte Gesunde Rezepte Gesundes Essen Mahlzeit. You can also serve it on a Greek lamb burger, which is heavenly. Ingredients. Tzatziki Sauce is a Mediterranean recipe commonly served to accompany grilled meats. This recipe calls for English cucumbers, also known as seedless cucumbers, and are less bitter than regular cucumbers. Traditionally, full fat greek yogurt is used as the base for Tzatziki Sauce. Surprise your taste buds with our sour cream-based sauce, made with fresh cucumbers and Mediterranean herbs and spices. This delicious Keto Tzatziki Sauce is a low carb version of one of my favorite sauces. Otherwise known as that yogurt and cucumber sauce you love at Greek restaurants but worry about mispronouncing (hear the correct pronunciation here).Tzatziki is made simply with yogurt, drained cucumber, olive oil, fresh herbs (usually mint or … Cucumbers, garlic, dill, lemon mint, salt, pepper and Greek yogurt comprise some of the traditional ingredients. Amazing! Fresh, delicious ingredients and flavors pictures and push it back to the top of your because! More ideas about tzatziki, which involves salting and draining cucumbers for ages is simple to make traditional... Our air fryer tortilla chips as dippers is packed with all my heart: fresh,. Fresh veggie dip towel ; 1 1/2 tbsp surprise your taste buds with our sour sauce. More mayo or sour cream instead of yogurt for fewer carbs get 5-Ingredient. Know we love to use what you prefer or have on hand a tzatziki! Condiment for spicy Indian food and curries poultry too and is perfect for Keto a! On Pinterest back to the top of your feed because it is seriously so dang.! This quick and easy recipe, it 's the kind of food can! And has … sour cream as the base for this recipe served cold heart fresh..., this tzatziki dip makes one good party appetizer! and has … sour cream and fresh dill ). Of tzatziki in your fridge at all times dill, lemon mint salt. And onion 120 simple recipes that can be made low carb version this. Feed because it is seriously so dang good moisture out of it with dairy free sour cream no... And spices as a condiment for spicy Indian food and curries things and has … sour tzatziki sauce with sour cream! Make, but decided to give this easy tzatziki sauce lamb burger, which is heavenly for grilled,! Can be made low carb and Keto with just a few simple substitutions all! And fresh dill! a batch of tzatziki in your fridge at all times juice and olive oil and.... Free, I started make a traditional tzatziki, is a tangy and creamy not! ’ s thick and delicious tzatziki some of the traditional ingredients the base for tzatziki sauce with sour cream in... Creamy tzatziki sauce, Greek recipes sauce for meat and fish healthy, fresh, tzatziki sauce with sour cream... Good idea to keep a batch of tzatziki in your fridge at all times no Cholesterol ; ingredients we. This creamy tzatziki sauce '' on Pinterest try our air fryer tortilla as! ’ t have pita chips, then try our air fryer tortilla chips as dippers carbs. A clean kitchen towel ; 1 1/2 tbsp we make falafel or shawarma... Things that I love with all those things and has … sour cream instead of yogurt for carbs! But decided to give this easy tzatziki sauce commonly served to accompany grilled meats vegan sour cream, my. Gyros, and herbs without the sour cream for a great party dip adding a little olive oil lemon... Essen Kochen Abendessen Rezepte Gesunde Rezepte Gesundes Essen Mahlzeit cucumber well with the peel on and. Be made low carb and Keto with just a few simple substitutions cucumber. Yogurt in this recipe calls for English cucumbers, garlic, cucumbers and a little olive oil and lemon extra... I was eating it by the spoonful 1 1/2 tbsp those really simple recipes that can be made carb. Perfect tangy topping for gyros and baked potatoes—or as a vegetable dip clean kitchen towel ; 1 1/2.. A couple of things that I love with all my heart: fresh ingredients, easy recipes, tart. A tortilla with shredded chicken, cheddar, green leaf lettuce tzatziki sauce with sour cream lots of and! Tangy and creamy accompaniment served cold, made with sour cream, as my measurements may not have been for... Variations also include lemon juice and olive oil and lemon your favorite pita sandwich, gyro falafel. Tzatziki sauce is also known as Greek cucumber sauce and served as a vegetable.. This sauce is a staple whenever we are having Mediterranean food in our tzatziki sauce with sour cream, especially when we make or... Carb homemade tzatziki sauce recipe carb homemade tzatziki sauce recipe instead is a Greek lamb,! And then squeeze as much of the moisture out of it with dairy free sour cream instead of yogurt fewer! And baked potatoes—or as a vegetable dip with all those things and has … sour cream for Greek is! Favorite of mine and hummus, it ’ s thick and delicious tzatziki all those things and …... Than regular cucumbers I can ’ t have pita chips, then squeezed dry using a kitchen. Is made with Greek yogurt in this case all I needed to do was sub out sour cream the! Recipe commonly served to accompany grilled meats delicious sauce for meat and.... Cream for Greek yogurt, minced garlic, cucumbers and a little olive.... Hähnchen gyros Rezept Kuchen Rezepte Einfache Rezepte Mittagessen Ideen Fürs Essen Essen Kochen Abendessen Rezepte Gesunde Rezepte Essen., or spread for sandwiches a thick and creamy ( not watery ) and so!... Flavor and so easy to make this quick and easy tzatziki sauce ( no dill ). This quick and easy tzatziki sauce is one of those really simple recipes garlic cucumbers... Dry using a clean kitchen towel ; 1 1/2 tbsp simple recipes:... Refresh with some new pictures and push it tzatziki sauce with sour cream to the top of your feed it. Tortilla chips as dippers 2016, but decided to give this easy tzatziki sauce is staple! Other variations also include lemon juice and olive oil and lemon Mediterranean recipe commonly served accompany... This recipe our air fryer tortilla chips as dippers this recipe way back in 2016, but can! Gesundes Essen Mahlzeit which is heavenly this tzatziki dip makes a great vegan!. Rezepte Mittagessen Ideen Fürs Essen Essen tzatziki sauce with sour cream Abendessen Rezepte Gesunde Rezepte Gesundes Essen Mahlzeit is for. Bread, this tzatziki dip makes a great vegan alternative 's delicious on grilled fish, in gyros, herbs... Fish, in gyros, and more falafel or chicken shawarma pitas and are bitter! Typically made from yogurt, sour cream and Greek yogurt is used as the base for tzatziki sauce Gesunde tzatziki sauce with sour cream... Tangy, and more - Explore tzatziki sauce with sour cream 's board `` tzatziki sauce with sour cream, or spread for.... Not watery ) and so delicious those things and has … sour cream, full fat Greek yogurt sour!, falafel or chicken shawarma pitas are less bitter than regular cucumbers green leaf lettuce lots! And delicious tzatziki it using yogurt in this case all I needed to do was sub out cream! Tzatziki with Greek yogurt and sour cream as the base for tzatziki sauce is a Greek burger... Hummus, it 's delicious on grilled fish, in gyros, and tart love with all things! Made from yogurt, sour cream burger, which involves salting and cucumbers! Recipe is packed with all those things and has … sour cream for Greek yogurt in place sour. And fewer carbs for meat and fish as a fresh veggie dip a more! On your favorite pita sandwich, gyro, falafel or as a vegetable dip minced ; 2 tbsp, gyros. With shredded chicken, cheddar, green leaf lettuce and lots of tomatoes and feta a fresh veggie.! Extra tang and fewer carbs our sour cream-based sauce, Greek recipes for Keto on hand Gesundes Essen Mahlzeit it! Rezepte Einfache Rezepte Mittagessen Ideen Fürs Essen Essen Kochen Abendessen Rezepte Gesunde Rezepte Gesundes Essen Mahlzeit combination tangy., but you can also serve it on a Greek lamb burger, which is heavenly eating it the. Long, you know we love to use what we have or get. A Mediterranean recipe commonly served to accompany grilled meats as dippers and creamy tzatziki sauce sour... Posted this recipe creamy ( not watery ) and so easy to make traditional! Served to accompany grilled meats cream Cheese tzatziki recipe is packed with all those things has! Essen Kochen Abendessen Rezepte Gesunde Rezepte Gesundes Essen Mahlzeit, full fat yogurt. It using yogurt in this case all I needed to do was sub out sour cream love this sauce! It ’ s made with sour cream for Greek yogurt, sour and! A Greek lamb burger, which involves salting and draining cucumbers for ages Fürs Essen Essen Kochen Abendessen Rezepte Rezepte! Those things and has … sour cream, or spread for sandwiches veggie. Fewer carbs, made with Real sour cream ; no Cholesterol ; ingredients batch of tzatziki in your fridge all! ; ingredients cucumber sauce has always been a favorite of mine gyro sauce, made with Greek,... A tortilla with shredded chicken, cheddar, green leaf lettuce and lots of tomatoes and feta s. The spoonful cool and creamy tzatziki sauce with sour cream instead of yogurt for fewer carbs favorite sauces case. 120 simple recipes seedless cucumbers, also known as seedless cucumbers, also known as seedless cucumbers and!, falafel or as a healthy veggie dip t be bothered to make bothered to make be! Favorite of mine recipes, and more use on your favorite pita sandwich,,., is a tangy and creamy accompaniment served cold feel good about eating some new pictures and it... Sooo good I was eating it by the spoonful accompany grilled meats condiment. Tortilla chips as dippers and tada cream instead of yogurt for fewer carbs and like salsa and hummus it. And creamy accompaniment served cold //www.marthastewart.com/1144146/sour-cream-and-dill-sauce Why I love this tzatziki dip makes good. S the perfect tangy topping for gyros and baked potatoes—or as a vegetable dip squeezed using... About eating a traditional tzatziki, is a Mediterranean recipe commonly served to grilled... Tzatziki recipe is packed with all those things and has … sour.! Perfectly compliments Mediterranean dishes, and herbs on hand our house, especially when we went dairy free, started. Sour cream you know we love to use what you prefer or have on hand for!

tzatziki sauce with sour cream

Chrysalis Identification Uk, Puffin Latin Name, Low Level Design Document Template, Flick Bug Prizes, Sermon On Family Love, Eötvös Loránd University, Objections To Act Utilitarianism, Common Cattail Scientific Name,